DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY STATEMENT
The purpose of this Data Protection and Privacy Statement is to inform you of how www.zicom.sg/www.shangchwen.sg operated by Zicom Communication Pte Ltd and its subsidiaries (collectively referred to as the “Zicom”, “we”, “us” or “our”), manage Personal Data which is subjected to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
This Data Protection and Privacy Statement applies to all zicom websites (“Group Websites”) and sets out how we collect, use or disclose Personal Data from you or that you have provided to us through the Group Websites or otherwise.
This Data Protection and Privacy Statement supplements but does not supersede or replace any other consents you may have provided to us in respect of your Personal Data and your consents herein are additional to any rights which Zicom may have to collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
By providing us with your Personal Data, whether through the Group Websites or otherwise, you consent, agree and accept that we, as well as our respective representatives and agents, may collect, use, disclose and share among ourselves your Personal Data as described in this Data Protection and Privacy Statement.
In this Data Protection and Privacy Statement, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data or from that data in combination with other information, to which we may have access. Zicom collects date such as your name, email address, date of birth, gender, address, contact information, NRIC no., payment information, personal interests and preferences, records of questions you us, answers you provide to questions we ask, other information about your dealings with us and information about you stored in cookies (such as your purchase history and other usage information) and Internet Protocol address or addresses when you interact with the Zicom/ShangChwen website.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may collect Personal Data when you:
- Visit Group Websites with a cookies enabled browser or register a user account with Group Websites or use some of our website services and apps including establishing any online accounts with us;
- Conduct any online transactions (such as online shopping or making online purchases) on Group Websites or through our third-party service providers, or such other service providers we may use from time to time;
- Apply to be a member of any of our programs;
- Enter or respond to our promotions, initiatives or contests;
- Subscribe to our mailing lists for email subscription, postal promotions or phone or other forms of marketing (such as via telephone calls, messaging by SMS/ MMS and Whats App);
- Interact with our representatives or customer service officers via telephone calls, letters, face to face meetings, emails or submit a comment, question or feedback using a “Contact Us” or similar feature on Group Websites, or contact us and disclose your Personal Data in any other way;
- Are informed of any changes to Group Websites, or our services, goods and products;
- Submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to any third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children and/or employees) for particular purposes, by submitting such information to us, you warrant and represent to us that you have obtained the consent of such third party to provide us with the Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure by you or a relevant third party to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
As an added safeguard, www.zicom.sg/www.shangchwen does not store credit card information with your registered online profile.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Zicom and our third party service providers as the case may use your Personal Data:
- To facilitate your access to Group Websites or the creation of your user account with Group Websites;
- To evaluate your preferences and for the maintenance of the Group Websites;
- To facilitate your online transactions;
- To facilitate the products delivery process.
- To register you as a member of any of our programs and to provide you with the benefits of such membership;
- To facilitate your participation in our promotions, initiatives or contests;
- To send you promotional marketing materials via email, post, SMS or telephone where appropriate;
- To answer your queries or provide you with assistance in any other way (including without limitation resolving complaints and handling requests); and
- To meet and comply with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory body which are binding on us; and
- For purposes which are reasonably related to those described above.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In order to provide the above services to you, we may share your Personal Data with the following entities:
- Other entities of Zicom;
- Third-party vendors and service providers (such as subcontractors, agents or network operators) who are employed to perform business, support, operational and/or administrative functions such as marketing, payment, fulfillment and delivery of orders;
- Third parties with whom we conduct joint marketing and/or cross-promotions, including providing rewards or benefits; and
- Our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers.
Some of the above entities may be located outside of Singapore. Where this is the case, your Personal Data may be transferred overseas from time to time. Such transfers will be carried out in accordance with relevant data protection laws.
Third parties are subject to confidentiality obligations and may only use your Personal Data to perform the necessary functions and not for other purposes.
We may also disclose personal data as permitted or required by law.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your Internet browsing software (the “browser”) by a website that you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit to make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you.
- To enable certain features and functions on Group Websites (e.g. remembering your user-ID, browsing and other product and/or service preferences)
- To identify the causes of problems arising at web servers and to resolve these problems or improve efficiency of Group Websites;
- To improve the contents of Group Websites and emails from us;
- To customize the contents of Group Websites and emails from us to suit your individual interests or purposes;
- To utilize your browsing history on Group Websites and the results of questionnaires for market research or marketing, including sending you advertisements via Group Websites;
- To obtain aggregated Group Websites usage and visitation statistics;
- To administer services to you; and
- For purposes which are reasonably related to those above.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Group Websites may contain links to other third party websites and micro sites, whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit Personal Data to any of those sites, your Personal Data is not subject to this Privacy Statement.
We encourage you to review the privacy statement of any site you visit. By clicking on or activating such links and leaving Group Websites, we can no longer exercise control over any data or information which you give to any other entity after leaving Group Websites. Any access to such other sites or pages is therefore entirely at your own risk. We are not responsible for the Personal Data policies (including Personal Data Protection and cookies), content or security of any third-party websites linked to or from Group Websites.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as these parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours and others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Your Personal Data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws.
Should you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing list or if your membership expires, please note that your Personal Data may still be retained in our database to the extent permitted by law.
We take reasonable care to keep your Personal Data secure, but we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer from unauthorized access or loss of any data provided to Group Websites.
We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
ACCESSING AND AMENDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may review and modify your Personal Data, or withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Data, at any time by signing into your user account (where applicable) and select “Update Profile” (or equivalent) or by contacting us.
When contacting the Data Protection Officer for assistance, please state (where relevant), your name, address, contact details and Customer/User ID.
Please allow ten (10) working days for your request to be processed.
If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be able to provide or continue providing our products and services to you or administer any contractual relationship already in place. You understand and agree that in such instances where we require your Personal Data to fulfill a contractual obligation to you, and you withdraw your consent to collect, use or disclose the relevant Personal Data for those purposes, we cannot be held liable for breach of that agreement. Our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
All other questions on our use of your Personal Data should be sent to email@example.com